Re: electrical wire spec.

Subject: Re: electrical wire spec.
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:07:33
Since my last message I have counted up what cable I have left, and as I had
a record of what I bought my usage was as follows :

4AWG : 20 feet
10AWG : 21 feet
12AWG : 7 feet
14AWG : 4 feet
18AWG : 1 foot
20AWG : 42 feet
22AWG : 96 feet

18AWG single plus screen : 10 feet (mag cables) *
20AWG single plus screen : 19 feet
22AWG single plus screen : 32 feet

22AWG twin plus screen : 10 feet (overhead headset) *
22AWG triple plus screen : 10 feet (overhead headset) *

RG400 screened antenna, better quality for TXPDR : 12 feet
RG58AU screened antenna : 25 feet *

* means that it was a bit tight and I should have used a little more

If I did it again I would use lots less 10AWG and use doubled up 14AWG
instead as it fits in connectors better.

I used four different AMP connectors for the major connection to the panel
plus some other inline connectors at each component.

I planned and calculated for a while before I bought this stuff, and had to
order more !

I do have some cable left.

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, being built.