Re: electrical wire spec.

Subject: Re: electrical wire spec.
From: M.J. Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:55:17
Rayfast (tel 01793 616700, fax 01793 644304) is one supplier in Swindon, UK.
I spoke to their sales department this morning.  They receive Raychem cables
on 300 m reels and will resell it to you by the m.  Currently they have the
44A081X- (600 volt) airframe wire (medium) series in stock in the following
sizes: 10, 12, 16, 18, 20 and 22 AWG.

The 20 AWG could be supplied for 68p/m plus VAT and carriage (?6.50 for next
day delivery).  The 12 AWG would be ?2.30/m + VAT.  I do not know how these
prices compare with other suppliers or with other types of airframe wire.  I
would recommend that you avoid anything described as "primary wire" or
"equipment wire", however much it might be described as "high performance",
except perhaps for signal cables suitably wrapped in bundles within the
panel.  While you may get primary wire in a variety of colours, airframe
wire is normally supplied only in white.

You could try the successor to R D Aviation at Kidlington for a price
comparison: I know they used to supply wire by the m, but I don't know if
they used proper airframe wire.

Hope this helps.

Mike