Re: Bringing home Stage 2 and 3 Europa Motorglider from Florida

Subject: Re: Bringing home Stage 2 and 3 Europa Motorglider from Florida
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:56:35
Tony,
John Hurst at Europa Lakeland is probable the best one to tell you, we've all
been doing this now for a couple of years, so he's seen all kinds of
arrangements.

1'st lesson though - shop around for trucks.  Try, Hertz, U-Haul and Penske at
minimum.  Turns out they have different rates depending on where there equipment
is located at any given time.  I rented a great truck from a Penske place near
the Tampa airport.  Just took a taxi to the truck place and then drove to
Lakeland from there.  Now may be a good time actually, as people have moved to
florida this time of year.

I rented 10 moving pads, and they came in helpful.  Also bring or buy some
lightweight rope and a roll of the ever useful duct tape.  Since I couldn't
bring a knife on the plane, I bought a utility knife after I got down there.
Helpful in cutting required lengths of rope (for example you may need to tie up
the roll up door.)

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS Jabiru 3300

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, "Tony S. Krzyzewski" wrote:

> > This week (on 1/23/03) I am picking up stage 2 and 3 (Motorglider)from
> > Lakeland and using a rental truck to bring them home to Pa. Any advice
> on
> > what I need to do to properly pack the parts? Any advice on anything
> else
> > concerned with the  trip?
>
> From what I've just seen on TV of current US weather, the best advice
> would be to just stay in Florida!