Re: Bringing home Stage 2 and 3 Europa Motorglider from Florida

Subject: Re: Bringing home Stage 2 and 3 Europa Motorglider from Florida
From: chris davis <scrounge@attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:16:16
Gary, picked up my glider wings last feb. I went to WAL MART where we were
camping anyway and bought 10 pillows on sale for around 2 bucks each  John
Hurst and I put the pillows under the leading edge and strapped them  down
against the side of the truck, they didn't move an inch although I did check
them way too often on the 1500 mile trip to cape cod ! Buy the way the best
I could do on a one way rentel was 600 dollars !! when I told John that ,he
said" let me make a call" and got me a Penske truck for less than half of
that ! I guess He does alot of bussiness with them . The truck was great
although the ride in back must have been better than the ride up front
because I was sore for days but my loooooooooooong wings arrived unscathed /
Good luck and have a safe trip . Chris Davis A160 Mg