Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and

Subject: Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:22:27
In a message dated 1/19/2003 7:19:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
acrojim@cfl.rr.com writes:

> It has certainly taken Rotax long enough to address this problem. However in
> the last few months they have flooded us with Service Bulletins and Service
> Letters. Could it be the military's use of the  914?????????
>
> I also, did not know that reducing the glycol mixture would also reduce the
> boiling point until reading the current Service Letter. I am using 80/20
> mixture here in Florida, and I must admit that with the overheating
> problems
> on the ground we are having, I probably  will keep things as they are.

Isn't there a catch 22 here? The cooling performance is less with a greater
percentage of glycol, but the ability to avoid boiling is reduced with a
higher percentage. I think you have to find a happy medium between the two. I
am in Nevada and the climate is now perfect for testing the airplane to since
the mornings are very cold. As the weather warms, I should be able to creep
up on the cooling problems slowly. I am running 50/50 right now.

Dave A227