Wheel spats trigear

Subject: Wheel spats trigear
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:49:10
Hi,

Trigear Wheel pants.

Is it only me that has a problem getting a good fit on the main wheel pants.

Has anyone come up with a better fitting solution. I fitted then a little
low the first time and although they looked sleek it was a bit awkward when
I got a puncture.

I also found it difficult to find the right place to drill the holes. for
the back supports and found that I had to look and guess where the holes
should be as you need the bracket fitted to line it up and cant use it as a
template.

After a few hours I found on one of the spats the hole elongated which was I
suspect down to my bad fitting and vibration/movement in the spat. The front
was also damaged after a bad shimmy on hard which was fixed by adjusting the
shimmy damper. Did a repair and now not happy with them so it looks like I
will dip in to the deep pocket for some more new spats

If anyone has a better method of fitting Id be grateful.

I guess the demonstrator doesn't have this problem and in fairness they have
the spats on and off regularly for trailering to indoor shows. Looking at it
they do use the standard factory supplied brackets so I guess it must be my
bad fitting.

I have put some engine pics (NSI) on my website at www.ukmicrolights.com
recently if you want a look.

Kev T