Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and

Subject: Re: 2 items - service bulletins on Rotax and
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:40:20
Terry,
        I just installed a oil temp control valve that I got from
Lockwood Aviation here in Fla.  It is suppose to keep the temps going to
the engine about 180 to 190 F.  I have a highly modified cooling system
where the oil cooler is located just below the spinner.  It is one of the
old small coolers that the origional Europa 912 used behind the
radiators.  I mounted it to the engine and made a new inlet just for it.
Even tho it is smaller than the one now provided with the XS kit, it does
a very good job.  My problem was just like yours.  Here in Fla. it gets
to 35 F in the winter so my oil temps were not getting above 160 to 170
F.  So, I purchased the unit from Lockwood Aviation and just finished the
replumbing.   I'll fly it this week end to try it out.  Should solve the
low temp prob.

Jim Nelson
N15JN
(28 hrs +)