Re: Fuel system questions

Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:56:39
Whilst not an engine stoppage as such, John Tie experienced some rough
running after flying through heavy rain. This was attributed to water
entering the fuel system via the tank vents in the roof and occasioned (as
a Factory modification) the addition of small holes in the rear vent tubes
to let water out again. Presumably the mod has been successful as any other
similar instances have not been reported widely.

In similar vein, its not difficult to carry around with the aircraft the
small size of "Mr Funnel" filter, which will take out water from any
refueling activity even before the fuel gets to the tank; My experiences
with water in fuel have all been source-related.

Duncan McF.