Re: Fuel system questions

Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:02:41
Paul,
I have just had a look at your fuel drain, gascolator setup. It looks really
good. Can you tell me why you didn't go for the Graham Singleton tank fittings
that drain from a position just out of the tank? Was it because you only wanted
one access hole, not two? Interested in your ideas, but it certainly looks good
on the web!
Reg
Tony Renshaw

From: "Curtis Jaussi" <jaussi@easilink.com>
>Subject:  Fuel system questions
>

>Hi all out there.
>Have been away for a while due to work obligations and am now baci to the
>most favorite peoject.  I purchased my kit from another builder with the
>cockpit module installed includeing fuel tank and controls of course.
>Having not done this part of the construction, I find some things not shown
>in the manual and hope someone out there can shed some light.
>On the line out of the main tank side, there is a tee between the tank line
>and the fuel site line.  This tee has a six-inch hose on it with a 1/8" male
>threaded fitting.  I suppose it would be for a drain, however, the original
>builder had intended to fit the 914 engine and I am using the 912.  I know
>that the 914 has two fuel pumps but the 912 install manual only deals with
>one and I thus don't know how the second one is plumbed in.  Does this tee
>from the fuel sight line have anything to do with that?
>I am also going to install an Andiar mini-gascolator.  Where have others
>installed one in the fuel system and what should be used for a quick-drain
>from the bottom of it.  How about easy access to a quick drain for checking
>for water in the fuel.
>This forum is a god-send to those of us building in remote areas!  Many
>thanks!!!!
>
>Curtis Jaussi---216 Trigear--N4270G

Reg
Tony Renshaw