Re: Fuel system questions

Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:39:54

>  Whilst I don't want to put off
>builders from careful fuel system design I would point out that I have yet
>to hear of any engine stoppages due to water with the Europa and there are
>some Europas that have achieved many hundreds of hours.
>
>Nigel Charles

However, there have been a few blockages of the Purolator filters caused by
debris. IMHO because its difficult to be certain these filters are clean
without disturbing them (ie dismantle) the daily preflight check of the
Andair is the safest bet, provided of course,that it isn't forestalled by
debris being hidden in the Purolators. Addition of these upstream of the
Andair IMHO reduces safety.
Graham,sorry to be boring,