Re: Fuel system questions

Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: David.Corbett <David.Corbett@fwi.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 17:55:57
My aircraft has the water drain valves (factory mod 33), and a Profurl
filter under each seat - between each tank outlet and the fuel tank
selector - and a mini gascolator between the fuel tank selector and the
electric pump.

I have once found water when testing the fuel drains - in France, this
summer - but I have never found water in either the Profurls or the mini
gascolator. My policy is that, if water shows up through the tank drains,
you should go on draining fuel through that outlet until there is no water
in the sample.

I agree with Nigel's comments below about the mini gascolator screen.

David
G-BZAM  -  UK 265