Re: surface filling

Subject: Re: surface filling
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:16:23
No, Superfil is epoxy based, you are correct, and Smoothprime is water
based. It has the UV blocker in it too and is great. However it is
bloody expensive. So the idea of putting on more than is necessary is
one that makes me cringe. We have used it and it is good. Actually I
hate filling and sanding, so I delegated the job to my father, who for
some unknown reason, enjoys the challange!!

Then for the paint coat you have a choice of water based paint or
poisonous paint. We initially went for the water based paint, but it
had gotten too cold in the storage area and the polyfiber person
couldn't sell it to us. The contents separate below 10c and cannot be
mixed back in apparently. So we have poisonous paint, I have no
intention of doing the spraying either!!

Have fun

Ed

Quoting Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>:

> >. Sticks to anything, water based, safe and easy to
> >sand.
>
> The only problem with Superfil is that you already paid a lot of
money
> for
> the Expancell that came with the kit. Did with our kit, anyway. #27
>
> Is Superfil water based? I know Smoothprime is but I didn't think
> Superfil was.
>
> Graham
>

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm