Re: surface filling

Subject: Re: surface filling
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:52:26
> > Sticks to anything, water based, safe and easy to
> > sand.
>
> The only problem with Superfil is that you already paid a lot of money for
> the Expancell that came with the kit. Did with our kit, anyway. #27
>
> Is Superfil water based? I know Smoothprime is but I didn't think Superfil
> was.
>
> Graham

Probably paid a lot cause total kit cost, divided by aliquot value of
parts, and we got $5 AN-bolts too?  But have to pay for support,
development costs, etc.

Water-based, yeah, no, sort-of.  Like epoxies are water clean-up
also.  When SuperFil gets really dry after repeat spreads and scrapes
doing finishing touches, I added some drops of rubbing alcohol.  Not
supposed to, but hardness/adhesion of final result suggests I got away
with it (tiny areas only).

Regards,
Fred F.