Re: surface filling

Subject: Re: surface filling
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:43:43
I would tend to agree, however, for us with the classic wings , it is
not an acceptable compromise as we have to fill and sand the complete
surface area of our wings too. If we did a wet mix overall, our plane
would be far too heavy, but perhaps with the XS wings, you are allowed
more flexability as most of your filling is done already.

Ed

> While everybody advocates a thick blend due to the weight issue, I
> find
> nevertheless that a more moderate - or leaner - mix is far better to
> work
> with and leaves no pin-holes at all! I don't think the very small
> weight
> increase incured is of such an importance - than having to spend
> several
> extra weeks of filling and sanding - filling and
sanding...........
> Any
> numbers on this, anyone??
/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm