surface filling

Subject: surface filling
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:11:04
Thanks for all the advice ref. surface filling. I have now obtained some
colloidal silicate from marineware (cost incidentally about 20 including
delivery for two x 0.25kg buckets, or about 5 litres each by volume).

I have tried it and am not sure it makes life any easier unless I am usng it
wrong. I tried mixing the expancell with the silicate first 4:1 the adding
the mixture to the resin. It didn't seen to mix as easily as expancell on
it's own.  I then tried a second batch, adding the silcate once I had got
the expancell/resin mix about right.  This turned my 'clotted cream' into a
'lumpy scone mix' and I had to add more resin to get it to a consistency
that I could spread.

Can anyone who has used this with success tell me how should I be using it?

Regards

Richard Iddon, soon to become an angel (getting my wings on Friday!) 533

p.s. I keep looking for part no. IMHO that everyone keeps talking about,
must be quite important, but haven't found it yet.