RE: Rotax engine failure in G-BWGH

Subject: RE: Rotax engine failure in G-BWGH
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:45:40
Mark,
You're right, I didn't read it properly - when he said it "worked loose" I
assumed the bolt unscrewed itself (although it probably did). It still may
be worth wire locking to get a slight improvement in reliability - but the
fundamental solution I guess is the correct torque and locking compound!
Under the circumstances, perhaps the LAST thing anyone should do is try to
check the tightness of their rocker cover bolts without knowledge of the
correct torque setting!
Regards
Roger