(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:55:51
Below is the information I got from the Digifly people. Thought I would pass it
along.
To keep this in perspective, I would be shelling out $1700 X2 for TSO electric
gyros and $1200 for the anywhere map GPS system. Now is when I wish I had more
panel space. I'm not sure if they mean for you to select between the GPS display
and the primary flight display. I would obviously like to see both at the
same time.

Dave Anderson
A227

Hi Dave,
 I tried to respond to your email earlier but had a problem with Netscape.
So here goes - again-

 The FMS50 is a color display system that has the moving map functions
as part of it's core software, i.e. 'it don't come without it..."  The
FMS50ATis the old stand by FMS50MM with new software (rev 4.10) that includes
the primary flight display (PFD) capability if used with the FMS-AT sensor.
System could not be easier to install, you will have to mate 4 connectors and
connect two wires each to B+ and Ground. Pitot and static are also required
for the sensor. The sensor is meant to be remote mounted away from ferrous
and magnetic influences, it does not need to be in the panel. I recommend
mounting this device in the empenage of your Europa. Total system weights
under four pounds and draws less than 2 Amps at 13.2VDC.

 Bottom line... If you have an FMS50AT display, the GPS receiver and an
FMS-AT sensor, you will have a complete PFD and color moving map.
Functions included are:
* Moving Map with the typical course routing, way point, etc...
* Auto pilot support - typically used with the Navaid AP
* Airspeed
* VSI
* Barometric setting displays
* Airspeed
* G Meter
* Artificial Horizon
* Rate of turn
* Slip indicator
* Magnetic Heading
* Course Heading
* GPS/Moving Map driven CDI

The complete system cost as above is currently $4,645.00, this includes:
1) FMS50AT  color display       $2,375.00
     includes all cables & 2 years data base (120 day updates)
2) Fms-AT  flight data sensor    $1,995.00
     includes cable
3) GPS receiver (Garmin35)         $275.00
     includes cable

 It is possible to have a dual display system with the addition of a second
FMS50AT. In this configuration the two displays would be independent
of each other allowing complete flexibility with the display formats.

Please visit our web site or call me with further inquiry.

Thank You,
Wayne Lanza
Composite Design, Inc.