RE: Holes in panel

Subject: RE: Holes in panel
From: Rob Housman <robhousman@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:55:02
It is probably not a good idea to attempt to mill the cutouts in the panel
itself because the panel can not be securely mounted to the table of the
mill without building an appropriate fixture.  The panel will otherwise flex
considerably under load causing the tool to chatter in the cut leaving a not
very neat cut edge.

Aircraft Spruce offers a black anodized aluminum "Instrument Panel Access
Plate" P/N 11-18566 for US$49.95 (illustrated on page 336 of the 2000 ~ 2001
catalog) that will hold the basic six instruments.  When the plate is
removed there is a large hole in the panel for access to its innards.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070