RE: Holes in panel

Subject: RE: Holes in panel
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:45:06

>Richard:
>
>Some people around these parts have made up the aluminum sub panel as
>everyone does.  They have had laid these out in AutoCAD and brought the
>whole mess to be cut with a NC programmable water jet. This does a great
>job if you find a place that does this.
>
>Steve Hagar
>A143
>Mesa, AZ

I have had parts cut both water jet and laser cut. Water jet is best for
4130 steel because the cut edges become extremely hard, laser is the cleanest.
I laid out the drawing in Turbocad, saved as a dxf file then took a floppy
down to the laser cutters and got very good results.
Note, not all laser machines can work on reflective surfaces, only hte more
modern ones, (in UK anyway)
Graham