Re: Europa-Fuel contents

Subject: Re: Europa-Fuel contents
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:53:41
>Hi Nigel,
>following up from your fuel guage mod in the Flyer.
>Is this particular mod kit considered the way to go or would you recommend
>a different system?
>Jerry down at LTS tells me that Europa will be marketing his 'magnetic'
>sensor as part of a company mod kit. Roger at Europa indicates that this
>will be in about 4 weeks.

There is another way which has been around for years. You can fit a
pressure transducer to measure hydrostatic pressure at the base of the
tank. I have some bits here that do just that and eventually hope to market
the system, don't hold your breath though. Tony K also developed the same
method and Bob Harrison has one fitted. Bob may not be quite as expert as
Tony so working half a planet apart might have slowed him down a bit.

Graham