Re: Europa-Fuel contents

Subject: Re: Europa-Fuel contents
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:24:34
I think the reserve warning is a good idea, not that I have fitted one. In
addition to my magnetic float fuel level indicator I also use my EIS with an
elba sender to monitor fuel flow and fuel remaining etc.. The fuel gauge
together with the fuel computer work very well. However a fuel computer on
its own reporting fuel remaining based on a calculated estimate in turn
based on a human tank contents entry at start would not fill me with
confidence.

In a last minute rush to depart an airfield it would be all to easy for me
to make an error in setting the tank level.

As a third check I also dip my tank before departure so I know fairly
precisely how much fuel is in the tank.

I've flown a little over 200 hours with my system and I wouldn't change it.
In fact I am doing the same thing on my current build project.

For those concerned about a blockage in a fuel flow sender and you should be
concerned. I am trying to source some solenoid type fuel cut off valves that
would facilitate an easy fuel by-pass system past a fuel flow sender.

Jerry

                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown