Europa-Fuel contents (Transducer Type by Tony K)

Subject: Europa-Fuel contents (Transducer Type by Tony K)
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:38:00
For those who want to see what is involved with fitting a pressure type
transducer the current documentation is online at
www.kaon.co.nz/europa/fuelgaugev3.pdf.

Those currently building please note the diagram correction around the INA118.

The system can be very easily bench tested outside of the aircraft using a tube

full of water to simulate the fuel tank contents.

The system can be used to measure the volume of any column of liquid with the
use of the appropriate pressure sensor. My father now has one measuring the
contents of the water tank on his rural property.

Shaun Simpkins has suggested an alternative RS232 driver which doesn't require

the capacitors around it and this will be incorporated in the next release of
the diagram.

The two processor chips are currently available from me for
USD30/AUD63/GBP20/NZD70 the pair. All the remaining components are available
---From RS Components or Farnell.

I haven't made up a PCB for this and it is not available as a complete kit
though a couple of people have expressed interest in doing this on behalf of
others.

Please note that I am supplying these processors purely as an experimental
item. You use them at your own risk. If major bugs are found then I will work
on fixing the problem and will provide updated processors providing the
original processor subsequently gets returned to me for re use.

Regards

Tony