Re: Europa-Fuel contents

Subject: Re: Europa-Fuel contents
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:07:05
Quite true the sender uses a straight tube with eight switches.

Disadvantages:
Tricky to fit - maybe but hopefully not too bad with Europas instructions
and new installation kit.
Only a resolution of 1/8. Its a bit like using a digital voltmeter to
measure very small values. The digital display with its four decimal places
gives the illusion of accuracy however they are often no more accurate than
an analogue unit.

Advantages:
Inexpensive
Very low current draw
Not susceptible to fuel density changes (like a capacitance device)
Does not break if in contact with water
Very well damped
Readings are very consistent
Very reliable
Currently used by four of Europe's leading A/C manufacturers (soon to be 4)

Capacitance gauges may appear more accurate because they have better than
1/8th resolution but because of the variations in fuel make up they are
often less accurate. The difference being with our gauge if it indicates 20
litres you have at least 20 litres. Whereas with a capacitance gauge if it
says you have 22.5 litres may have 22.5 litres then again you may not.

Jerry
                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown