Re: Europa-Fuel contents

Subject: Re: Europa-Fuel contents
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:44:14
Message text written by "LTS"
>For those concerned about a blockage in a fuel flow sender and you should
be
concerned. I am trying to source some solenoid type fuel cut off valves
that
would facilitate an easy fuel by-pass system past a fuel flow sender.<

The Floscan 201A sender is not such a problem in this respect as it does
not restrict the fuel flow as much (presumably a bigger aperture). It is
designed to cope with fuel flows of up to 30 galls/hr so is less likely to
get blocked. Paddy Clark and I found that it passed the fuel flow test
whereas his previous sender was failing due to restricted flow. With the
rotor blocked and not turning the pressure drop across the sender at 15
gall/hr is only 0.6psi so at our fuel flows it would be even more
insignificant.

Nigel Charles