Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 22:38:08

In a message dated 12/31/2001 5:17:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bberube@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Hi Dave,
> Sorry for the second message, just catching up on all the messages.  The
> 914 will take the 40 amp belt driven alternator as I have installed one.
> It does take modification to the cowling but can certainly be done.
> Regards,
> Bob

That is a significant piece of news! Do you happen to have a picture of the
airplane with the installed alternator (40amp)? What did you end up doing to
the cowl and how did it turn out? This would be exactly what I need. I was
disappointed when I heard the 40 amp would not work with the Europa 914. If I
have 40 amps, I can now do much of what I was dreading - nav lights and
strobes and all!

Thanks,

Dave