Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:10:43
Aha! Tony answered my question before he even realized it!  Can you tell me more
about the B&C alternator that fits to the vacuum pump drive boss?  Capacity,
etc?
My concern is to have enough juice between it and the stock internal Rotax unit
handle a full electric panel (gyros or EFIS) along with heater blowers and
plenty
of lighting.  I don't plan to go hog-wild with stuff, but here in Wisconsin in
the
winter, it gets real cold, and real dark real early.  It's also pretty busy
airspace.  So, I want to A) be warm and B) be visible when flying on the
wonderful
moonlit clear nights over the snowcover.  I have the Aeroflash wingtip
nav/position/strobe setup, and will plan to install a pair of lights in the
lower
cowl for landing/taxi.

Just a side note: I got a small taste of Europa performance today from the 152.
When it's this cold with half tanks and just me (170 pounds), I was getting 1000
fpm or better and some pretty impressive landing and takeoff distances.  Of
course,
I'm still cruising at 95 knots or so, but hey, I can't have it all...yet.

Happy New Year!

Chris
A159