Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:36:56

In a message dated 12/31/2001 1:44:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tonyk@kaon.co.nz writes:

> There isn't a lot of depth behind the vacuum pump drive on the Rotax so I'd
> check that it is actually going to fit in the space before spending any
> money.
> The 8A version fits in with not much clearance behind it on the 914.
>
> The same reduced speed factor will come into play with this unit so don't
> plan
> on having the full 20A available.

It is my impression that the advantage of the alternator is good output at
lower RPM. I have a PA30 with generator and they will not produce power at
idle, where an alternator at the same RPM will -- idle. I think you will get
the full output on the rotax -- especially at the higher RPM of a geared
engine.

Dave