Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:21:34
Thanks, Tony!  I also see from a search that B&C makes a 20 amp version that
fits on a vacuum pump pad, also. It's a bit more money, but would give me
enough electrical power to really go crazy.  It's the SD-20 alternator here:
http://www.bandcspecialty.com/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?2X358218

It's about the same price as a vacuum setup, but then I would have redundant
electrical systems, rather than a vacuum AND electrical system with redundant
nothing.

Granted, I don't plan to fly hard IFR with the Europa, but it's nice to have
the capability in case something packs up on you during a night flight in
VFR.

Chris