Re: Fuel system changes

Subject: Re: Fuel system changes
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:47:39
Paul Stewart wrote (in part):

> You might consider alternative tank outlet fittings which enable you to use AN
> fittings and 5052 alloy tubing right from the tank outlet - space is a bit
> limited
> down there. I made a couple with 1/4 NPT for fuel feeds and 1/8 NPT for water
> drains(replacing F09C).

It is tight there; watch them bend radii.  I presume this is 3/8"
tubing?  Factory is c. 5/16" ID.

I'm forgetting now what's wrong with the rubber hose.  The Rotax is to
be run on mogas, and so like auto fuel system failures are quite
common but just we don't hear about them?  I bought a load of 5/16"
auto hose to swap, as the supplied external braid is not conducive to
inspection and seems to hug hose barbs tenaciously.

I admit aluminum line sounds better to me too, but in the event of an
accident the line can fracture more easily, unless run to prevent that
(how?).

Regards,
Fred F., A063