Re: Fuel system changes

Subject: Re: Fuel system changes
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:41:11
> > I find it interesting to reference the Europa design to U.S. rules for
> > production A/C, and seems like there's problems.

> Which is why we fly experimental category. Can you imagine how bad it would be
> if every custombuilt aircraft had to comply with FAA certification specs. We'd
> all be flying planes that looked like 172's :-(
>
> Tony

I do sympathize with that, except it seems that there's a high % of
posts here re fuel problems and resultant builder mods and even
"un-mods."  Unlike other kitplane email lists I've browsed.

Actually, there's very little in U.S. Regs. that are not sound design
practice.  The certification costs arise in demonstration of
compliance and excess regulation of domestic parts mfr's, unless
you're Boeing, where they essentially certify it themselves and even
buy some parts from the People's Republic of China!

Regards,
Fred F., A063