Re: Fuel system changes

Subject: Re: Fuel system changes
From: Paul Stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 19:18:45
Dave

You might consider alternative tank outlet fittings which enable you to use AN
fittings and 5052 alloy tubing right from the tank outlet - space is a bit
limited
down there. I made a couple with 1/4 NPT for fuel feeds and 1/8 NPT for water
drains(replacing F09C). The water drains are 90 degree elbows straight out
of the tank outlet and use andairs SS draion valves. They are accessed from
holes in the inspection panels required below the tank outlets. Several other
builders have gone along similar lines indeed, Graham is now manufacturing the
tank outlets. if you want some pictures of teh set up contact me directly.

I have got rid of the sight guage and instead have installed one fuel guage and
a 1/2 BSP plug in the top of the tank to enable direct visual inspection and
dip stick as per the spam cans. None of this is yet PFA approved but I know one
other builder has submitted his mod (almost identical ) for approval.

Regards Paul Stewart  #432