Re: Fuel system changes

Subject: Re: Fuel system changes
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:43:05
Yes Tony, I did give it up.  And in another 35 years of private flying in simple
aircraft I have never had a problem.  The military experience was probably
enhanced by the draft of 18 year olds in in 1957 and given a 90 day A and P
training.  One thing it did do was give one some training on how to do a
preflight!  I can't tell you the strange things that I found apon raising the
cowling!  The most memorable engine failure was when flying over the crater of
14,500 ft Mt Rainier, the oil neck filler fell off and the engine seized.  It
was a glide for a long way to 50 ft from the end of a landing strip..  Still a
quiet landing but a real pucker...

Anyway,  long history, lots of time, always drain the sumps before fly, drain
post refilling, and always fill the tanks post flying.

Tom