Fuel system changes

Subject: Fuel system changes
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:12:05
I am getting ready to install the fuel tank and am looking at changes to the
system. As a new builder, I am not 100% familiar with some of the things
mentioned on the internet. Specifically, the fuel drain mod I have seen
mentioned is one of those things. Here is what I am planning to do:

On the 1/8 inch threaded holes on the output fittings from the tank, I will
install a fitting to a fuel hose running to a quick drain valve for each tank
- reserve and main.

I will install a short section of hose out of the output fittings, then to an
adapter fitting to transition to solid aluminum lines to the selector valve
and to the firewall.

Since I will use both 1/8 inch feemale holes on the output fittings,  (F09C)
I will not have the clear tube for fuel level check. I will instead use a
gage with a possible flexible dip stick for a gut check on the fuel level.

I am thinking that I might put in 2 gascolators, but after reading other's
stories I would install one Andair gascolator after the fuel selector valve.

The selector valve would probably get mounted in a more convenient place --
like on the top of the center console.

These are ramblings of a new builder. I like to be able to drain fuel from
the lowest point of the tank -- unlike my Twin Comanche which drains the
lowest point of the fuel system. With this setup, both tanks can be drained
directly with the port for the drain valve being at the low point of the
output valve.

Back to work,

Dave