RE: Which version?

Subject: RE: Which version?
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:45:59
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"Peter Bondar" <peter@bondar.co.uk>

having seen several experts real and otherwise bite the dust at Cambridge
and Bagby
airports now the only thing that stops the monowheel fleet from being
written
off is just how frigging strong the airframe is.

The monowheels keeps most of Britain's prop suppliers in profit!!

The problem IMHO is that the 'boingey' suspension, the daft design of the
monwheel right in the middle
of the cog, the marginal rate of climb
with the combo flaps down, the high weight to thrust ratio with a 912
and the inevitably that ALL pilots have or will land a retractable
with the gear up biases the decision somewhat.

The people who fly monowheels successfully have huge AND recurring hrs on
type.

Every monowheel pilot I know is frightened of their machine! not really a
good
idea for a 'hobby' plane.

Personally since I've now left the kit plane market I
would consider I have no axe to grind.

Pure tail draggers such as RV6 are very different since 4 out of 5 issues
are negated
by their design relative to the Europa

peter

---From the Desktop Computer of Peter Bondar
Keepers Cottage, Thirsk, North Yorkshire
peter@bondar.co.uk
http://www.bondar.co.uk
tel: 01845 501062
fax: 01845 501067