Re: Which version?

Subject: Re: Which version?
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:37:08
Jeremy:

Trigear:    more panel space ( no flap/gear handle hole)
                 no taildragger type requirements for license or insurance
( getting noticeable...)
                 not retractable, therefore less complex to the Man than the
monowheel
                 big storage compartment where Monowheel used to be, but no
more
                     interior room ( center tunnel is structural )
                 rumored less problems with cowling temperatures on climbout
owing
                    to no blockage of outlet by extended monowheel gear
frame.(?)

Monowheel:    Faster
                        Better choice for MG wings ( less drag )?
                        Fills that big hole in the center tunnel with a fat
wheel
                        That indescribable air of uniqueness
                        Keeps you flying all the way to engine shutdown
                        Less room on panel makes you think twice before
installing too much
                            instrumentation and avionics.  Ferhevvinsake,
this is a VFR fun ship...

I bought the Monowheel and am taking glider training so that I know how to
handle
monowheeled aircraft.  They're a bit different than even taildraggers.

Shaun
A207