Re: Realalistic airspeeds

Subject: Re: Realalistic airspeeds
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:22:33
Karp wrote:

> Hi Everyone,I am an experienced pilot who lives in the SW part of the
> United States.I am very seriously looking at either Building or buying
> a completed Europa. I am leaning towards the tri gear configuration.I
> would prefer to use the turbo 914 version from Rotax, being that most
> of my flying would be around the mountains in the SW part of the
> US. If anyone on this list could give me some actual Airspeed and fuel
> consumption numbers, other then the factory printed information, it
> would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,Stan

Stan,

With 33 hours now on our XS with 912S, we
are getting 140 kts at about 75% and 130 kts
at about 65%. This is with the mono-wheel,
Whirlwind constant speed prop, and the factory
fairings.  The speeds were at 6500 feet, GPS
average over two runs in opposite directions
of each other. The percent power is based on
fuel flow, which is about 5.3 gph at 75% and
about 4.5 gph at 65%.
   These are fairly preliminary numbers. We
intend to fabricate a fairing for the main gear
and do some more gap sealing before we
get serious about characterizing performance.

Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD