Re: Fuel system layout

Subject: Re: Fuel system layout
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:33:29

Brian,

When doing the fuel system give serious thought to replacing the Europa
supplied filters to an Andair Gascolator.  This one of the best changes I
made to my plane (besides the extra eyeball vents in the dash!).

If you mount the fuel filters under the seat pan - where will the fuel go
when you open them or pull a fuel line off to change them?  Into the
cockpit!  I bet it smells bad for a while after cleaning them.

I am sure you can get feedback from others - but the Andair is a great unit.
  It is beautifuly made, filters water and can have a quick drain in the
bowl.  I built a door in the belly so I can reach up and pull the bowl from
outside the plane.  I have pulled and cleaned the bowl several times in the
first few flight hours - and its very convenient.

Bob Jacobsen
A131