Fuel system layout

Subject: Fuel system layout
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:43:12

I am about to put my cockpit module into the bottom and I am considering
what I can get done before everything gets difficult to get at.

I was thinking about putting in some of the fuel system bits, but I am not
sure where things go.  Where are the two filters mounted where they are both
secure and easily viewable from the inspection ports?  Where is the fuel pump
usually mounted?  How do you route the fuel lines through the tunnel?

Another thing I was thinking about doing was cutting the side holes in the
fuselage for the spars and aileron controls before I glue to module in, this
will prevent the aileron control from pushing the skin out slightly.  Is this
a good idea?

Brian