Re: the upper skin of the XS wing

Subject: Re: the upper skin of the XS wing
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:31:45
>I wanted to test-glue my upper skin to see how much I should use Redux to
>make good and safe work. I put on every rib three "balls" of micro.
>Most of the balls are 1-2 mm high but some of them are even 3-4 mm high.

Hi Raimo,
I have not yet assembled a XS wing, however, the important thing is the
final shape of the airfoil. It is probably not certain that the skin takes
a natural accurate shape because epoxy glass parts always shrink and move a
little bit.
The first thing to do is make as accurate a template of the wing surface as
possible. You can start by making it to fit the leading edge and the last
part of the trailing edge. Then draw in by hand the surface of the trailing
edge skin. The air requires a smooth curve all the way from leading edge to
trailing edge and you already have several fixed points to start with.
You could ask Europa to give you the airfoil co-ordinates,(but don't
mention my name!)

Graham