Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 00:21:08
Ken and Graham,
I've attached my modifications and techniques briefing used for Europa
Cooling with the XS cowl which written up in the Europa Flyer .
If I do say so myself, I never have cooling issues in Florida at 95
degree summer days using 50/50 Anitifreeze.  Judging by the calls and
email success stories, these simple techniques work pretty much world
wide.

References for further study are at the end of the document.

Those who have followed these techniques with a stock cowl have no
problems cooling especially with the trigear.  In fact it gets a bit too
cool in cooler climates and this is with no modifications to the
existing cowl, only treating the airflow around the coolers.
I have worked these issues over the last six years and we just finished
three more aircraft at the shop, all Rotax and we reworked a clients Jab
3300, and all the Rotax's have no cooling issues and the Jab is
tolerable except taxi times must be short, 10 or 15 minutes max or it
gets a bit too hot for a takeoff on a summer day.

I'll do another briefing/article on the Jabiru before long.

Call or email me at the office in Florida below if you have need of more
specifics or are having problems getting the references on line.

Regards,
Bud Yerly
Europa Tech Support
US Europa Dealer