Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help
From: nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:34:19
Hi Fred, Kevin, Bob and Max,

Thank you all for your kind words, worth all the more coming from people
whose opinions I respect and appreciate.

Fred, I've answered your questions below.

Nigel

On 13/06/2012 01:36, Fred Klein wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2012, at 5:02 AM, nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk wrote:
>
>> It would seem that I have spent the last God knows how many years
>> researching the same data as you (mostly 1940's and 50's NACA papers)
>> and come up with much the same conclusions regarding cooling and
>> cooling drag reduction. By a curious coincidence, I have been busy
>> this weekend buried in my workshop - laminating.
>
> Nigel...do you Brits still shout "Huzzah?
Not as much as we used to Fred. There's not a lot of call for it at the
moment, though I did startle the neighbours with a hearty "Yeeeee Ha"
when it popped out of the mould without sticking.

> What outstanding work...absolutely superb...I can appreciate your many
> talents, dedication, hard work, and the HOURS you've devoted to this
> beauty. Here, here!!
Thanks.
> Two questions:
>
> - weight: ?
Top Cowl = 2139g
Bottom cowl = 2856g
Spinner = 545g

> - distance from front face of cowl (not including spinner) to edge of
> cowl which overlaps the firewall?
850mm or about 33.5 of Her Majesty's finest inches into the "Joggle"
(should be the same as an XS). The real trick was making a short and
dumpy cowl look long and sleek.

On 12/06/2012 14:22, Max Cointe wrote:

> Assuming there is few hundreds of Europa flying word wide, I thing you
> have a market for it.
>
> Otherwise, will you loan the mold or at least share the way to build it?

Max, The cowling is only part of a programme of extensive "face-lift"
mods for the Europa, so until I have finished mine and tested it and had
it approved, I do not really want to sell on copies. I would however be
happy to give any hints or tips on how to create "plugs" and moulds to
allow you to create your own in a typical home environment (I.e. without
full composite factory facilities).  If interested, contact me off-list.

Nigel