Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:24:37
Bud=0Aapologies for forgetting to mention you! Careless, or a bit senile pe
rhaps {{:-(=0A=0AThe thing I like about Frans' and Paul's work is the attem
pt to reduce cooling drag.=0A=0Aregards=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A__________________
______________=0A From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matr
onics.com; ken@ardenrich.co.uk =0ASent: Sunday, 10 June 2012, 5:21=0ASubjec
t: Re: Europa-List: Re: Contact detail & Help=0A =0A=0AKen and Graham,=0AI'
ve attached my modifications and techniques briefing-used for Europa =0AC
ooling with the XS cowl which written up in the Europa Flyer .=0AIf I do sa
y so myself, I never have cooling issues in Florida at 95 degree =0Asummer
days using 50/50 Anitifreeze.- Judging by the calls and email =0Asuccess
stories, these simple techniques work pretty much world wide.=0A-=0ARefer
ences for further study are at the end of the document.- =0A-=0AThose w
ho have followed these techniques with a stock cowl have no problems =0Acoo
ling especially with the trigear.- In fact it gets a bit too cool in =0Ac
ooler climates and this is with no modifications to the existing cowl, only
 =0Atreating the airflow around the coolers.=0AI have worked these issues o
ver the last six years and we just finished =0Athree more aircraft at the s
hop, all Rotax and we-reworked a clients Jab =0A3300, and all the Rotax's
 have no cooling issues and the Jab is tolerable except =0Ataxi times-mus
t be-short, 10 or 15 minutes max-or it gets a bit =0Atoo hot for a take
off on a summer day.- =0A-=0AI'll do another briefing/article on the Ja
biru before long.=0A-=0ACall or email me at the office in Florida below i
f you have need of more =0Aspecifics or are having problems getting the ref
erences on line.=0A-=0ARegards,=0ABud Yerly=0AEuropa Tech Support=0AUS Eu
ropa Dealer=0ACustom Flight Creations, Inc.=0Awww.customflightcreations.com
=0A(813) =0A653-4989=0A-=0A----- Original Message ----- =0A>From: GRAHAM
SINGLETON =0A>To: ken@ardenrich.co.uk ; europa-list@matronics.com =0A>Sent:
 Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:48  AM=0A>Subject: Europa-List: Re: Contact deta
il  & Help=0A>=0A>=0A>Ken=0A>the  two people I know who've done most resear
ch on the cooling of Europas, with  some success, are-=0A>PaulMcAllister
 <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>;FransVeldman  <frans@privatepilots.nl>;=0A>Bo
th have the XS installation, not Classic.=0A>Link to the forum is -<europ
a-list@matronics.com>;=0A>Graham=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>___________________________
_____=0A> From: "ken@ardenrich.co.uk" <ken@ardenrich.co.uk>=0A>To: GRAHAM S
INGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com> =0A>Sent: Saturday, 9 June 2012,
 10:01=0A>Subject: Contact detail  & Help=0A>=0A>=0A> =0A>Graham,=0A>-=0A
>The Canadian contact details;=0A>-=0A>seth.g.london@ca.pwc.com=0A>=0A>Ha
ve you-any chapter on verse or can could  point me in the right direction
-where to look-for-the best on  a/c engine cooling-cowl design princi
ples.=0A>-=0A>Also if poss could you send me the link over to  get back o
n to the Europa Forum please=0A>-=0A>All would be much appreciated,=0A>
-=0A>Ken=0A>-=0A>-=0A>=0A>=0A>href="http://www.matronics.com/Naviga
tor?Europa-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matronics.com";>http
://forums.matronics.com=0Ahref="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>ht
tp://www.matronics.com/c