Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:52:02
FWIW wrt headroom, I am 6' (and shrinking lol), but with a 6'2" seat
height, so always have difficulty with headroom in every plane I sit in.

On my kit, I am cutting and lowering the cockpit module seat wedge (I have
Andy's approval from way back when)  as far as possible (still
accommodating the glider brake control etc), which puts me in a more prone
position and gives me the required headroom without ugly bubble windows, or
RV-12 looking hi-top pudginess ;-).  The stock fuse shape is just so sweet
and efficient.  To make up for my loss of legroom, I am removing the panels
bottom "switch" ledge..... lots of panel room these days when going
all-glass.

an aside: I am still amazed how Richard V, ripped off the Europa design
elements and threw them together into the slow and dorky pop-rivet RV12.

Cheers and good luck!
Pete
A239