Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: Simon <sim@4lists.simonliebold.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 19:22:54

Dear builders - former and current,

I'm currently in the process of finding a suitable place to build. I've
been offered a couple of rooms that could be turned into a work shop in
a building around the corner. But the big drawback: The widest opening
is a 130cm x 130cm (51'' x 51'') large window. Will this be of use to
complete at least some of the building stages? I thought about building
the fuselage and moving it outside for engine installation.

It's a mono-wheel. The fuselage width is stated as 1.12m. So this should
be OK. The hight is stated as 1.59m, but this is main-wheel to top of
the vertical stabilizer. It should be less when measured from the
tail-wheel. Plus, the fuselage could be rolled 45 when moving the tail
through the window. With plenty of help, of course.

Is this feasible or should I walk away from this offer? Did you work
shops have similar limitations?

All the best,
Simon