Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: Simon Liebold <sim@4lists.simonliebold.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 14:32:12
Hi all and thanks for the helpful hints and especially for pointing out
the importance of the alignment part and the part on insurance. I have
to admit, I didn't think about that. It would make sense to contact a
few insurers to get an idea about the difference in premiums.

The kit came with Hi-Top Mod-64 (non-B) mod. However, I'm not sold yet
on incorporating it. I would add complexity during the build. I am not
tiny but also no basketball player (1.82m or 5ft 11.7in).

I will try to answer all the question in a single message:

> At first thought, the idea would be to turn the fuselage on it's side,
> then somehow "thread" the fuselage through the aperture :

Thanks Gilles, I like your drawing.

> Make a cradle which holds the bottom half in place from Firewall to tail.

I bought the kit together with a cradle on wheels:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bpsFAz7fn1i4dTWu6 I think it will come handy
throughout the built.

> Nice size windows. How much does the window open? Or can the window be
> easily removed when needing to transfer? P
I think they open 90 to the side. I will have a chance to test it
tomorrow when I meet to discuss the financial bit.

Simon

p.s.

> Lancaster, Pa. USA
This was a stop on my solo x-country years back. Aww, memories...