Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: Simon <sim@4lists.simonliebold.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 11:27:34

Hi Gilles,

Am 19.12.18 um 21:57 schrieb GTH:
> That's plenty of room to move the fuselage through a window.
> It all depends of what level the window is. Ground level would be
> perfect.
Thanks. This sounds encouraging. It is ground level. Sorry, I forgot to
mention.
> Concerning the tail, do you have enough room inside to move the
> fuselage around so as to insert the tail first ?
It is not huge on the inside (4,65m x 5,01m). But without cowling it
should barely fit. There is a second room that belongs to it (2m x
5.18m) to store smaller parts or the wings etc. The ceiling is at ca.
3.30m. I may be able to store parts underneath it when not working on it.
> Or room outside to do the reverse ?
Yes, it is a corner room and both windows have enough room on the
outside. It's a former train station building.
> Of course, you won't install the wheels before getting the fuse
> through the window.
It's a mono wheel. I could imagine that it could even fit with the main
wheel installed. I remeasured the window. It is actually a bit larger
than initially thought. 1,40m x 1,40m.

> Why not print a side view of the fuselage at a definite scale and try
> it on a plan ?
> I've seen many a fuselage getting through much narrower apertures.

Good idea. I will try that.

I took photos of the room, if anyone wants to take a look:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zpurAR6q4TwX3H8C7

Kind regards,
Simon