RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa Club Safety Advice: Cracked U/C Frame

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa Club Safety Advice: Cracked U/C Frame
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 08:58:38

Hi Rick,
Yes I totally agree with your last sentence.  The trouble is that at this
time we do not know for sure which aircraft these cracks may occur in.
Please remember that some Tri gears were Mono's when first flown.  To answer
another of your questions the offending frame is the same on both mono and
trigear.
Please therefore carry out the checks as requested and submit your answers
to the questionnaire to my email address on The Europa Club web site or
magazine.  When we have a reasonable no of answers we will then be able to
decide which a/c are most at risk so that if the LAA/CAA want to issue any
mandatory inspections they will be better informed about which a/c to be
targeted.
Pete Jeffers (LAA Inspector to the Europa Club)