Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 17:17:58
Hi Simon,
> It is not huge on the inside (4,65m x 5,01m). But without cowling it
> should barely fit. There is a second room that belongs to it (2m x
> 5.18m) to store smaller parts or the wings etc. The ceiling is at ca.
> 3.30m. I may be able to store parts underneath it when not working on it.
Rooms seem most adequate.
A 3.30 m ceiling is quite interesting.
> It's a mono wheel. I could imagine that it could even fit with the main
> wheel installed.

Maybe you'll be better off with setting up wheels etc. inside, then
removing them to save weight for the delicate maneuver ?
>   I remeasured the window. It is actually a bit larger
> than initially thought. 1,40m x 1,40m.
At first thought, the idea would be to turn the fuselage on it's side,
then somehow "thread" the fuselage through the aperture :

All the best,
--
Kind regards,
Gilles