Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Building: Fitting the fuselage through the window?
From: GTH <gilles.thesee@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:57:51

Le 19/12/2018  19:22, Simon a crit:
> But the big drawback: The widest opening
> is a 130cm x 130cm (51'' x 51'') large window. Will this be of use to
> complete at least some of the building stages? I thought about building
> the fuselage and moving it outside for engine installation.
>
> It's a mono-wheel. The fuselage width is stated as 1.12m. So this should
> be OK. The hight is stated as 1.59m, but this is main-wheel to top of
> the vertical stabilizer. It should be less when measured from the
> tail-wheel. Plus, the fuselage could be rolled 45 when moving the tail
> through the window. With plenty of help, of course.
Hi Simon,

That's plenty of room to move the fuselage through a window.
It all depends of what level the window is. Ground level would be
perfect. Concerning the tail, do you have enough room inside to move the
fuselage around so as to insert the tail first ? Or room outside to do
the reverse ?
Of course, you won't install the wheels before getting the fuse through
the window.

Why not print a side view of the fuselage at a definite scale and try it
on a plan ?
I've seen many a fuselage getting through much narrower apertures.
--
Best regards,
Gilles