Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing and Attaching Wings Single Handed
From: Philipgeorge347 <Philipgeorge347@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 16:32:50
Hi  George
Yes it is straight forward single person rigging as Alan  said. You will ne
ed a dolly constructed  that swivels thru 90 degrees  with golf cart wheels
 etc.  I constructed one =2Cas I use to rig and de- rig my europa every fli
ght up until  3 or 4  years ago.
             Philip George.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

>To: europa-list@matronics.com </div><div>Subject: Europa-List: Removing an
d Attaching Wings Single Handed </div><div>

Hello=2C

As I am considering the Europa I would be grateful if you could inform
me about the possibilities of removing and attaching the wings single
handed. I have seen in the manual that this can be done by two people.
However=2C my requirement is for this to be done single handed=2C as hangar
space is expensive.

My idea is to go to the airfield=2C attach the wings on the aircraft=2C fly
and prior to inserting in the hangar to remove the wings. Is there any
equipment available which enables this to be done single handed with an
Europa? In that case I reckon that the equipment will be bound at the
home base so removing and reattaching wings will not be possible at
other airfields.

Thank you for your reply.

George Nielsen